Ever wonder how to make your brand video go viral? A little time and a lot of creativity can get you there. Here are a few rules of thumb to follow when trying to make your videos as socially shared as possible:
1) A memorable character: a mascot, a breathtaking woman or a goofy guy are easy picks for memorable viral video characters. The important takeaway here is to give them a personality that is unforgettable. If they make you laugh, make your heart beat faster, or pique your curiosity, you’ve done a good job.
2) Make it short and sweet. Multimedia like video does in fact increase time on page. However, you want to make it shirt enough so time invested isn’t huge. That makes it easy for anyone to see it at their home, office, or on the go without compromise.
3) Tell a story. Most viral videos have a product behind them. The best way to make someone interested in your product is to tell a story about someone who has a problem and your product solved that profile.
4) Skip the boring part. Viral videos are meant to be contagious. Whether you do it with humor, something shocking, or simply over the top, remember to think before you publish: is this something new and interesting? Would other people share this?
5) Keep your target audience in mind. Is your target audience teenagers? Primarily men? Primarily women? Techies? Foodies? Evaluate the things they like before making your video. Teenagers like humor, men like women, techies like gadgets, etc.
Our favorite viral video picks (for brands):
When looking at the videos above, what makes them so awesome? Incorporate those aspects into your videos (and embed them into your press releases too!).
What tips and tricks do you have to help your videos go viral? Do you have any favorite viral videos? Share them with us in the comments section below!
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy: 6 Questions on Online PR for Small Businesses Answered